The Nation Returns to Health & Fitness
Since the re-opening of gyms in April, we have seen hugely positive visitor numbers with rising footfall figures and new member sign ups, reflecting a renewed national interest in health and wellbeing.
Over the past two months:
- Our health club and gym networks has seen extremely positive numbers of returning members, with average footfall levels now at 98% of 2019 YOY levels.
- Pure Gym saw 1 million members visit their clubs in the first week they reopened; a figure comparable to the same period in 2019 and membership figures grew by 10% in the first month of reopening.
- Over half of Pure Gym’s recent 150,000+ membership growth are new to the sector, highlighting a rise in interest and the potential for further market penetration.
- David Lloyd new member signs ups during the last 8 weeks have been double what they were in the same period in 2019.
- A rise in people working from home has shifted behavioural habits, with David Lloyd clubs reporting a change in peak visiting hours from 5pm-8pm to 7am-3pm.
Our advertising opportunities in gyms and health clubs, including digital screens, sampling and ambient media, give you access to this highly motivated audience at a time when they’re focused on self-improvement and wellbeing.
We specialise in tailoring campaigns to align with our clients’ target demographics so please do get in touch to see how we can help you to maximise your advertising efforts.