Happy National Fitness Day!
3 key gym trends this National Fitness Day.
This year has seen gyms & health clubs back to full strength with member and visitor numbers equalling or exceeding pre-pandemic levels.
Research from Les Mills and Qualtrics revealed 3 key gym trends in 2022. These, along with January being the busiest time of year for new member sign ups and footfall, makes gyms the perfect place to get your brand in front of a highly motivated audience for the new year.
- Gyms have made a strong recovery
- Post-pandemic 50% focusing more on their health and well being and 82% now regularly exercising
- 75% of people who exercise do gym related activities
- Gyms have bounced back – David Lloyd exceeded pre-pandemic member numbers by 2021
- Live workout revival
- Class attendance is at 120% of pre pandemic levels
- 67% of members prefer to workout with others
- In-person classes are nearly twice as popular as livestream classes at home
- A new generation of fitness fans
- Lockdown has spawned a new generation of fitness fans
- 27% of regular exercisers describe themselves as absolute beginners
- Employers are recognising the benefits of an active, healthy workforce and offering discounted gym memberships
Source – Les Mills/Qualtrics
How will gym advertising work for you?
- 500+ health clubs across the UK including David Lloyd, Pure Gym and Nuffield Health
- Access to 6.7m affluent and highly motivated members
- High impact and eye-catching D6 screens in high footfall areas
- Ambient and sampling opportunities to target your audience in a unique way at multiple touchpoints throughout their gym visit
Get in touch with our team today to get started with your gym campaign!